Thursday, December 3, 2009

you win, universe.

the universe hates me this week.
its arsenal includes entropy, gravity, all the other laws of physics, and of course, murphy's law.
my arsenal consists of whining. the universe is not affected by whining.

i have burned myself three times and pulled muscles in both my calves.
i lost my garden gloves, rake, shoes, half a string of christmas lights, a bowl of oatmeal, and part of the fence. i nearly lost mary and a shepherd.
the cat learned how to jump on the kitchen counters and is currently on mission to attack every nativity scene, string of lights, gift wrapped package, and human in the house.
the universe has also employed photoshop, ups, the garbage man, coffee, my cell phone, traffic, darkness, and wind in its reign of terror.

... maybe this is the price i have to pay for having 3 great hair days in a row!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think our kittens are about the same age, and mine is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

Oh, and how does one lose a bowl of oatmeal? ;)

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

oh dear! you didn't elude to things being THAT BAD when we talked yesterday! :) praying for you guys....

Joel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lani said...

one loses a bowl of oatmeal when the cat knocks it over, spilling it all over the radio. :| that is how one loses a bowl of oatmeal.

how many kittens do you have? :)

@heidi, thanks for your prayers! they are appreciated!

Unknown said...

I just have one kitty, and that's more than enough when I add in a toddler, and homeschooling, and packing, and moving, and....

(I meant that I think that your kitty and my kitty are the same age!) :)

lani said...

i agree, one cat in the adolescent-into-everything stage is plenty to keep you busy! :D