Thursday, August 30, 2007
i'm not sure who's setting the rules here, i thought the internet was an irregulated institution.
i think i'm succombing to peer pressure. oh well.
anyway, i guess i owe the people of dotcomland 2 more random facts. so here goes:
1. i used to own chickens. i had them for about 8 years. they were pets ~ they came when i called them, it was great. we had no place to raise the baby chicks outside, but we did have an extra bathroom, so every spring we would set up the bathtub with a heat lamp and the chicks would live in the bathtub until they got too big and started flying out. it was awesome, though there's seriously nothing quite like using the bathroom with a flock of chicks staring at you...
2. i married my first and only boyfriend. :D
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
there are no ordinary people. you have never talked to a mere mortal.
nations, cultures, arts, civilization - these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. but it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit - immortal horrors or everlasting splendors.
c.s. lewis "the weight of glory"
Monday, August 27, 2007
1. rules before fun
2. tag-ees blog 8 random facts (or lies... hmm)
3. tag-ees then become the tag-er and tag 8 other bloggers
4. comments must then be left, informing new tag-ees re: their tagged status
1. i don't personally know 8 other bloggers who haven't been tagged... (i'm at the end of this chain) i suppose i could tag random people... that wouldn't be weird at all.
2. doesn't matter that i don't know enough people, because i LOVE breaking the rules! me no tag nobody. (don't tell me, let me guess: this is one of those "if you don't pass this on to 13 million people in 13 minutes, your grandpa, 12 children, and pet lizard will die in a nuclear explosion tomorrow" type things? ... doesn't matter ~ i'm still breaking the rules)
3. i have perfect pitch. really. please look at me like i'm a freak ~ i enjoy it. [eye roll]
4. i esteem sarcasm as an art form. i collect especially funny and sarcastic quotes ~ but i don't use them often because i hate to hurt people's feelings. 2 traits that don't go well together.
5. i have 8 piercings. & my husband has a tattoo. kind of.
(alright, he was stabbed with a pencil in grade school, but that still counts, right?)
6. i hate talking on the phone. hate it. even with people i love to talk to, talking on the phone sets me on edge. i cringe whenever i hear the phone ring.
7. i love wind. it makes me happy... i love how wind messes up my hair, how it sounds in the trees and makes the house squeak (we live in a 100 year old house), everything about it.
8. tomorrow joel and i turn 3! woot!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
it has no radio. (stolen last fall)
the windows don't work.
the front is dented in and the grill is broken. (my fault, see earlier post)
the back passenger window is broken in.
i have no front driver's side window. well, that's not true. it's in there somewhere.
it decided it's tired of coming out to play. so it went down and it's not coming up.
at all. ever. for no good reason.
but i've got a great camera!!!
Thursday, August 16, 2007
joel and i email during our workdays. it's fun. sometimes we get silly. here's a recent email i sent when i didn't think he was responding to me soon enough...
are you on an anti-emailing-lani kick today?
or do you not like me anymore?
or maybe you can receive, but not send.
or maybe the cyberfairies have the flu and aren’t functioning at full capacity.
they’re at WAR with the cybersprites, and fighting the epic dotcom battle of our times, the cyberfairies led by bill gates (known by his battle name, "tinkerbill"), fighting desperately against the cybersprites, led by steve jobs. the sprites are using chemical warfare (viruses), which fells the fairies by the millions, but they don’t give up, even though they don’t think they have the bandwidth to go on…
so are you going to email me yet?
what can i say... we're goofy.
so are you going to comment me yet? or are the cyberfairies still recovering from their battle wounds and unable to hoist the comment from your keyboard all the way to---
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
haven't uploaded pics from this weekend yet (another day, another post... maybe tomorrow), but it's a mark of how behind i am that the following slideshow of family camp pics is entirely un-photoshopped!
here's one that i did photoshop, and i'll slowly work my way through more. hopefully.
dreaming of thistles
Thursday, August 9, 2007
still fighting the headaches ~ they've come back with a vengeance the past month or so... almost every day. still taking my psycho drug for the headaches(topamax ~ or dopamax, i call it). still have holes in my brain. less head to hurt, at least. :)
this one's called capto lumen
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
i think it's because he got tired of endless sessions with me behind the camera, ordering him around for the perfect shot... now i can be perfectionist with myself. it's also nice because i can take night and low light shots, long exposures, etc...
here's a couple of my first experiments. they're kind of large because, well, they're better that way.
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
i've got skills.
ok, here's what happened:
i was running late to work, and didn't put my contacts in. (i'm legal without them, just nearsighted.) i drove my exhausting 2 block commute to work (lol), checked to see if the front gate was open....
ok ~ i'm going to digress for a second. we have this big old iron gate at our entrance that has not been used since i started work at grace. this week, we started construction on the roof for the second story of our building, and everybody thought it would be a good idea to start using the gate since the building will be less secure than normal. it was not shut before i left last night, but i checked this morning just in case. end of digression.
so... i saw that the gate was open, zoomed into the parking lot, and ran into the gate!!!
rather, the right side of the gate, which was partially closed and which i had not seen, being irresponsibly bereft of my contacts.
i ran into the gate going about 15-20 miles per hour ~ it caused a significant dent in the hood and broke the grill clear in half. the gate then rebounded and hit the passenger side of my car, dented both doors, and broke the back passenger window.
the best part is: the construction workers on the roof of the church saw the whole thing.
talk about your most embarrassing moment.
Friday, August 3, 2007
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
and downright boring.
we goofed off...
found a rubber ducky booth ~is it ducky or duckie in the singular? i think it's ducky...
btw, what do rubber duckies have to do with bluegrass music? it's not like they were even cowboy duckies!
would that be "cowducks"? ~sounds like some kind of sick science project...
i annoyed everybody by taking pictures every couple seconds and laughing maniacally at the results. i don't get bored when i have my camera.
here's my coolest of the day...
isn't he dreamy? [sigh]
finally we ditched and went to the sandy. the same place i fell a few weeks ago and probably would have died a horrible, painful death if that wonderful guy (see above) hadn't saved my life.
(no, i'm not exaggerating!!!)