Thursday, October 4, 2007

i don't really have an excuse

i should have posted about my accident sooner.
the only thing that's been preventing me is... nothing really.
i've been stuck on my back for a week now, computer on my lap almost every day...

blogger's block, i guess.


here's what happened:

i got ran over by a truck last thursday.
i was walking to work, and a truck was turning right onto hogan (the road i walk along) from a little side street. he had a stop sign. i watched him slow down, figured he was going to stop, so i started to cross the little side street. he did a rolling "stop" and accelerated right into me ~ never saw me (he said later that he was turning right and just looked left, didn't think to look right). i tried to jump out of the way, but my foot got caught under his wheel as he braked, and dragged along the road (not pretty). and i didn't get to drink even a sip of the nice tea latte i had in my pretty starbucks mug (which didn't break, by the way).

that's pretty much the extent of the accident part.
i got to ride in an ambulance to the hospital, i got x-rays and narcotics, and had to have surgery to remove embedded gravel...

and finally i got to go home!

and i haven't been able to leave much since ~ i haven't even been back to work yet. it's not healing quite right, so i had a ct scan yesterday. i've been on maximum doses of narcotics for a week now, so i may do something weird...

No comments: