Monday, October 29, 2007

what's your most embarassing moment?

mine happened yesterday.

i was on the worship team at church for the first time since my accident ~ and i was so excited! it was awesome ~ we had a great team, everything went really well...
until halfway through 2nd service.

the worship team was coming back onstage just as jay was finishing his sermon ~ passionately, in a soft voice, exhorting us to live like the bride of christ...
i crutched all the way from the back of the room with the team, and during his very last sentence...
monumentally tripped on the 3 steps to the stage.

i'm not talking about a little stumble, i'm talking arms and crutches flailing, rear end sticking out (toward the congregation) and all my weight landing on my bad foot.
it was more than worthy of america's funniest home videos.
you could hear an audible gasp go through the room.
jay paused his sermon, stepped toward me, and then (i found out later) decided to continue his sermon once he saw me keep going because he didn't want to embarass me. (how sweet.)


so i spent the afternoon with my foot and ego on ice, reflecting that life is too short to take oneself seriously, and it sure is a blessing to laugh!!!
(and that i am exceedingly glad that i have never developed a cursing habit...)

1 comment:

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

Oh man, I don't think I realized how bad it actually was, until you blogged about it! You made it sound so light last night when we were talking! It makes me cringe in pain just thinking about it....ick. Hope you're feeling better today. I'll let you know how things are looking for Thursday, on maybe Wednesday....:)

Love, Heidi :)