Saturday, September 12, 2009

this & that

i cannot sleep. and so, at 2am i shall share a photo of my living room/piano studio...

and of a window which, if i am not mistaken, is watching me...
and i am editing photos of strangers taken back in may, even though a full inbox and even fuller to-do list await. we will be hauling dirt very early tomorrow morning, at which point i will be very regretful that i didn't try to sleep earlier.

these photos have intrigued me since i met them 4 months ago. 3 women - 3 life stages - each seem frozen in a moment of transparency. my favorite images are the rare captures of the expression in between expressions: that half-second when the subject is unposed and vulnerable, truth etched in each line and shadow.

3 comments:

Amie said...

Love your piano studio. Hope we cann visit it sometime!

Rebekah said...

The notes above the piano look great. :)

Staci said...

I love that first picture!! Very nice