Wednesday, April 28, 2010

pretty pictures of a pretty girl

i've thought recently of discontinuing my photography business. i've had a few discouraging experiences, and a couple months ago decided that i'm just not good at giving people the photos that they want. as i thought and prayed about what to do with my photography, affirmation started pouring in from everywhere! orders and requests came in from sessions over a year ago. a friend who i gave my business card to a year ago called me to let me know she had only just gone to my site and loved my work. i had several positive session experiences. friends to whom i voiced my doubts invariably admonished me not to quit on portrait photography.

it's encouraging to see God's direction given so clearly through others, and i'm approaching my business with a new excitement, affirmation, and confidence. i'm reworking my website and marketing approach, and hope to have a lovely, photography-filled summer!

bekah needed a couple individual senior pictures for her college graduation, so we snagged 15min last week at a pretty park, resplendent with goldenrod.

doesn't she look like a flower fairy? ;)

these pictures were actually really difficult for me. i'm not exactly a photoshop expert, and i had the hardest time achieving a vibrant color balance that didn't turn her skin too pink or her hair green. so i look on these simple, unremarkable (except for the subject) compositions with a disproportionate sense of accomplishment.


in other news, i'm having nightmares about may.
it's starting to look like our move to a new house, installing renters, my year-end piano studio recital, and cyt's seussical (which joel is tech chair for) may coincide in a 2 week amalgam of insanity.
i better start packing.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I can help pack.

(And clothing packs best in garbage sacks...) :-D