Wednesday, July 2, 2008

spelling nazi strikes again

have you ever read those church bulletin funnies?
you know, like:

"a worm welcome to all who have come today."
"the pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, 'break forth into joy.'"
"low self-esteem support group will meet thursday at 7 to 8:30p.m. please use the back door."

i, the spelling nazi, almost had one of my own today. i send a weekly email update to our prayer team - about 40 people. i always proofread this update at least twice. today, i decided on a whim to proof it a third time.
i am so glad i did. i discovered, to my chagrin, the following typo:

pray for *name omitted* and family – her father passed away last week after a battle with lunch cancer.

2 comments:

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

Oh, Lani! How funny....I have a great blog for you to start reading....if you go to Kristi's blog, click on her sidebar to "the meanest mom blog"....ohmy, everytime I read a post (she updates often) I think of you for some reason, and how I think you'd get a kick out it. I know I do!!

See you on friday! Heidi :)

kristal said...

i'm so glad you caught that! would have been funny...down the road, but not any time soon:)