these days, with joel in class or studying 22/7 (he gets a couple hours of sleep), and me working on various and sundry projects, we take our conversation when we can get it. im-ing during joel's anatomy class is a regular treat (when he doesn't have to concentrate too hard on the lecture).
this blog is mostly here for me - to preserve my memories of these whimsical conversations.
feel free to eavesdrop if you'd like. ;)
me: hi! are you there?
did i miss you cause i'm 7 minutes late?
me: yellow what?
i don't get it?
me: no dear, blue. blue sky.
me: [worries about husband's sanity]
so what else is yellow?
we all live in a yellow submarine...
me: hi! how are you?
jsroberts1: kk u?
me: headache ugh. it's a little better now. i had a cookie
jsroberts1: :\ sorry
cookie sounds nice
me: it was. tanks!
are you learning about braaaaaaains???
jsroberts1: nahh blood
jsroberts1: i do hate psu internet
me: i'm sorry.
me: to make up for it, i will make you laugh in your anp class.
i will share excerpts from "101 ways to annoy ppl"
jsroberts1: not sure i want this
me: 1. learn morse code, and have conversations with friends in public consisting entirely of "beeeep bip bip beeep bip..."
me: 2. stomp on little plastic ketchup packets
3. claim that you must always wear a bicycle helmet as part of your "astronaut training."
4. declare your apartment an independent nation, and sue your neighbors upstairs for "violating your airspace".
5. follow a few paces behind someone, spraying everything they touch with lysol.
(how's it going so far?)
me: 6. erect an elaborate network of ropes in your backyard, and tell the neighbors you are a "spider person."
7. wear a special hip holster for your remote control.
8. disassemble your pen and "accidentally" flip the ink cartridge across the room.
9. decline to be seated at a restaurant, and simply eat their complimentary mints by the cash register.
me: 9. repeat numbers when providing a list for math freaks
(ok, that last one was mine.)
so... have i made you laugh out loud yet?
jsroberts1: not quite out loud
me: 10. wander around a restaurant, asking other diners for their parsley.
(how about now?)
me: 11. demand that everyone address you as "conquistador."
12. wear a cape that says "magnificent one."
i'm going to start calling you "conquistador joel"
me: 13. pretend your computer's mouse is a cb radio, and talk to it.
sing along at the opera.
did you get that?
me: you already do that, conquistador joel!
(wow, conquistador is not a very im-friendly word!)
kk i need fo focus on clotting
me: you do that. clot well and truly, magnificent one.
me: kk, i <3 u
jsroberts1: I <3 u2