Monday, July 13, 2009

baby basils, baby pictures, salmonella, and soap operas

this is a random update blog.

it is also my response to everyone who has asked me how i like "not working".

thirdly, it is my (hopefully) controlled response to the next person gives me a knowing smile, winks, and asks me how late i sleep in these days.

my husband has not contracted e. coli - yet
joel is working hard. very, very hard. these days in addition to working full time, he's also taking 2 online classes through portland community college and an intensive 4 week microbiology class at psu. he spends his nights conducting questionable (i think they're questionable) experiments with such untouchables as e. coli, salmonella, and staphylococcus, gets home at 9:30pm, eats dinner, then stays up til who knows when studying human development.

my life of leisure
let's just say i haven't caught any soap operas.
since wednesday, july 1, my work week has been 7 days/week, 14-16hrs/day ... doing stuff i love! planning piano lessons, setting up my studio, designing business cards, accompanying weddings, working on the show i'm music directing this fall, communicating with photography clients ... the to do list is endless, and honestly, not particularly blogworthy. i'll get my feet under me soon and have a little more to say about what i'm doing, but right now i'm just trying to keep hyperventilation at bay.

the garden pictures!
yes, the garden pictures are here! in a random update blog! these pictures were taken in may. so maybe tomorrow i'll go out and take some pictures to post in october!

this is the front of our house, back in may. it looks different now.

this is a tiny part of the herb garden. the basil is much, much bigger now, along with everything else. the cilantro that you can't see very well in this picture died, but that's ok because i don't think it was really cilantro.
thank goodness sun roses don't change ... much.
more baby pictures!
if you're tired of baby pictures you can go somewhere else now. i'm not tired of baby pictures. :)

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Love the baby pictures.

And I'm glad you aren't watching soap operas. Photography/music is so much better, and there aren't any interesting ones on, anyways. ;)

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

I too, love the baby pictures! :) I didn't know you were for sure about the music directing in the fall--that's awesome!

Talk soon,
Heidi

Kristine said...

i love that you get to devote life to your loves!

Josh McKenney said...

Lani, AWESOME photos! Love the look of these! Great job.