Wednesday, July 15, 2009

excuse me while i freak out in a blog post.

i am teaching my first piano lesson in ... 1 hour and 11 minutes.

... and i'm blogging instead of preparing.

but seriously -no - that's ok - cause i've been preparing for this one lesson nonstop for a week. except when i took breaks to go to a conference on piano pedagogy
-which was awesome, by the way-
but, honestly, it wasn't really a break from lesson preparation. i've prepared for this til my brain turned blue...

and i am so not ready.

my studio isn't set up (that's happening this weekend); my piano isn't tuned (11am next tuesday); i don't have flash cards yet (but i drove all across gresham in the heat and construction traffic this afternoon looking for the music store); i am so not ready for this!!!

that's what i've been telling myself for 5+ years now. and i'm probably right.
but i've got to start somewhere.

[deep breath]

ok, bring it on.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

I'm so excited for you--and I love the 'bring it on' at the end. What a great way to approach piano lessons. :)

lani said...

:) thanks bekah. :) :)

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

I'm sure you did great! What better piano student (besides your future student, our daughter of course...) than...well, you know! :) Can't wait to hear about it.

Staci said...

You need a follow up blog for how this went :)