Tuesday, May 13, 2008

to my friends: I NEED HELP!

to those who know me kinda well, really pretty well, awfully well, or "hi nice to meet you" ...
i have a dilemma. please help me. :)

i am working on a website for my photography. it will be nothing fancy right now - i'm starting out really basic, mostly out of necessity since this whole photo thing is growing waayyy faster than i thought it would.
before i can put up a website, however, i need a name.
and that is my dilemma.

i'm thinking something fresh, but not trendy
fun, but not cute
artsy, yet accessible
and not already taken!

none of my ideas so far work:
-lani roberts photography (not fresh, not fun, not artsy, not particularly accessible - i give it 0/4)
-la.lani.photos (too cute?)
-blue sky photography (explanation - my name means blue sky. problem - already taken, 3 times over)
-l.m.roberts photography (too harsh, not accessible or artsy)
-lmrphoto (already taken by a "lisa marie roberts" in texas. punk name-stealer.)
-ripping.my.hair.out.trying.to.think.of.a.stupid.name.so.i.can.launch.a.website.PHOTOGRAPHY (that's it!!!)


help! fresh ideas, opinions on these ideas ... anything!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Lani! I SOOOO feel your pain! I have to name my business too and everything catchy that I come up with is already taken. I will give some thought to your photography business name as I am mulling over ideas for mine.
(Hope I fit in to the friends category!) :)

lani said...

andrea, of course you do! :)
oh the woes...

it was fun to see you last night!

Anonymous said...

Joel laughed at me for this...
Discerning Damsel Photography

Discerning: Showing insight and understanding
Damsel: Young Nobel Woman

You fit the bill perfectly

xoxo, Karen

lani said...

haha! i love it! the alliteration does it for me. :)