Thursday, June 11, 2009

fly away

my maternal grandfather, les borms, died on monday after a decade-long battle with prostate cancer. he is now free from pain.
these photos are from my grandparents' 50th anniversary celebration last august.






some bright morning when this life is over
i'll fly away
to that home on god's celestial shore
i'll fly away

when the shadows of this life have gone
i'll fly away
like a bird from these prison walls i'll fly
i'll fly away

oh how glad and happy when we meet
i'll fly away
no more cold iron shackles on my feet
i'll fly away

i'll fly away, oh glory
i'll fly away
when i die, hallelujah, by and by
i'll fly away

3 comments:

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

thanks for sharing this, Lani! i'll keep your family in our prayers.

Kristine said...

i'm sorry for your loss. he's so much happier now. i have two grandparents that are dying right now... :/ and i lost a really great one when i was young. but it was good to see him live a long good life.

Staci said...

I didn't know about this. I'm sorry but I guess it's not a loss. God got a win!!