Wednesday, March 5, 2008

question for anyone who reads this blog

hi. you know who you are. i don't, but that's ok if that's how you want it. i'm down with that. :)

but i do have a question for you, so please answer if you care one way or the other, because i'm just trying to make this blog nicer for you to read. i'm not going to be weirded out if i've never met you ~ i read blogs of people i've never met, too.

so anyway, my question:
photo size. the typical size to post photos on blogs is this size:

Photobucket

not very much detail, but you can fit more on in less space.

i am a photographer who puts a lot into my work, and i like to post this size:

Photobucket

i like the detail, etc. however, i don't want huge pictures to be a deterrent for reading my blog, and i'd be happy to post smaller pictures with links to see them larger if you'd prefer.

please let me know which you like better ~ that would be very helpful for me. :)


...btw, the photo is a selfportrait called "the breath before mozart". see it on my flickr for more.

5 comments:

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

hmm...I like it either or, really! I won't stop reading your blog if your pics are extra large. Actually, I am probably not going to enlarge the smaller pic, unless it really grabs my attention, cause I usually just read blogs nice and quick. Hope that helps! :)

Love, Heidi

Anonymous said...

I prefer the larger pix, I like the detail. Though I think Senora Heidi Tomas has a point that people reading blogs are often interested in text/event context rather than picture image quality. Just a thought.

Tim and Heidi Thomas said...

"Yo-haan", you spelled my last name wrong! Hope school's going well!

kristal said...

i, too, really like the larger picture...i didn't even notice the score in the background until i looked at the bigger photo. i will take the time to click if you do link them, though, because i love to see your work. the batch of your mom is priceless. you so captured her. i'm printing some out for my refrigerator (that's a pretty high honor since i have two artists i pretty much exclusively reserve that space for:)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about spelling the name wrong. You would think I would know how to spell Tohmas